Chiropractic Headache and Migraine Treatment
Chiropractic Headache and Migraine Treatment in Dubai
Headaches and Migraines can be relieved with an atlas orthogonal realignment of the atlas bone, (C1).
What is a headache?
The headache usually involves unpleasant pain in your head that can cause aching and pressure ranging from severe to mild. In the typical headache it can affects both sides of the head and/or pain in the back of the head and neck. Migraine headaches often have a unilateral pattern of pain.
Some common areas where headaches occur include the back of the neck, temples, and forehead. They can last between 30 minutes to a couple of hours, in some cases even a week. People mostly suffer from tension headaches triggered by anxiety, muscle strain, posture and stress.
Other types of headaches:
- Cervicogenic headaches: the pain caused by a cervicogenic headache begins in the neck and the back of the head and radiates towards the front of the head. They are often due to problems with vertebrae at the top of the spine called cervical vertebrae C1, C2 and/or C3.Nerve compression can cause inflammation and pain.
- Cluster headache: it affects one side of the head and comes in clusters. This means you will experience cycles of pain attacks, followed by a period of relief.
- Sinus headache: often mixed with migraine, a sinus headache is a symptom of sinus infection with facial pressure, congestion, cough, stuffy nose, and fever.
- Chiari headache: this type is caused by a birth defect, also known as Chiari malformation, which there is pressure on the covering of the brain called the dura in which there are pan receptor.
- Thunderclap headache: this one develops within 60 seconds and could be a symptom of a serious medical condition that requires immediate assistance.
What is a migraine?
This type of headache is intense and often followed by other symptoms, besides head pain. You might experience nausea, pain in the templates, vomiting, temporary loss of vision, etc. Migraines can be moderate to severe, while some people experience pain so intense, they end up in the emergency room. Compared to the tension headache, migraine affects only one side of your head, but it’s possible to have pain on both sides.
We can divide migraine into two categories, migraine with aura and migraine without aura. When we talk about aura, we refer to a sensation of visual disturbance, (spot, flashing lights) occasional dizziness. Sufferers may have these type of symptoms prior to headache pain.
This sensation often include:
- Having troubles thinking and being less mentally alert
- Seeing unusual lines and flashing lights
- Feeling numbness and tingling in hands and face
- Having an unusual sense of touch, taste, or smell
In some cases, people can experience symptoms a day or two before a migraine takes place. This is also known as the prodrome phase and includes the following signs:
- Unusual food cravings
- Neck stiffness
- Frequent yawning
Spinal misalignment is one of the leading causes of a headaches/migraines and chiropractors precisely atlas orthogonal specialists will realign the spine so that the body keeps relatively a straight line from head down to your shoulders and back, as well as your hips, knees and feet. People who often experience migraine report various factors that are linked to:
- Hormonal changes
- Emotional anxiety
How can Atlas Orthogonal Chiropractic help with headaches and migraines?
Numerous clinical trials indicate that Atlas Orthogonal chiropractic care can decrease the frequency and intensity of migraines. As an atlas orthogonal chiropractor Dr.Tod Cahill will treat headaches and migraines using the revolutionary technique of the Atlas Orthogonal; he will realign the first cervical vertebrae C1 with the atlas orthogonal instrument that delivers a percussion which will reduce the migraine pain.
In this precise mission, as a headache chiropractor or chiropractor for migraine his goal is to make the pain go away and to prevent the headache or migraine from occurring in the future and to mark improvement in the patient’s quality of life.
Dr.Tod will also advise on relaxation techniques, exercises, ergonomics, and posture correction to help minimize the symptoms.
As an AO expert Dr.Tod uses many adjusting tools during atlas orthogonal chiropractic treatments:
- The Atlas Orthogonal instrument
- The activator
- The Arthrostim and Vibracussor
- The Intersegmental Traction Therapy Table
- The Flexion distraction Table
- The Drop-Table Technique
- Erchonia Laser